Burial or Graveside Services
How to Plan a Funeral
Grief & Guidance
Use the form above to find your loved one. You can search using the name of your loved one, or any family name for current or past services entrusted to our firm.Click here to view all obituaries
McCalls Bronxwood Funeral Home will present academic scholarships to deserving high school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited college, university or technical school. Students interested in applying for these scholarships must meet the following criteria:
1. See attached document entitled “Scholarship Criteria” for criteria for scholarship. Also attached is a checklist to ensure you submit all necessary documents.
2. All candidates must include at least two (2) letters of recommendation from community leaders, teachers, or other school officials.
3. Each candidate must send a transcript of his/her grade point average. The transcript should include SAT scores and Regents scores as well as the GPA for the first quarter of the upper senior term. Please note: Prior to actual disbursement of award, the official transcript will be required.
4. Each candidate must submit a typewritten essay of 300 words in which the applicant will describe one or more experiences that inspired him/her to seek a college education in order to accomplish personal or professional goals.
5. Proof of family income must be submitted as financial need is part of the criteria. Proof of income document should be one of the following: a W-2 form, Award Letter (for social security recipients) or a Budget Letter (for HRA recipients).
6. Deadline: Application and ALL documents must be postmarked no later than Thursday February 15, 2017.
7. Please send application, supporting documents described in 2, 3, 4 and 5 above and a small photo to: McCalls Bronxwood Funeral Home, 4035 Bronxwood Avenue, Bronx, NY 10466,
Attn. Scholarship Committee
Grounds for Disqualification: Recipients will be disqualified if any of the following conditions occur: (1) False information was provided on the application; (2) If recipient is in high school, he/she fails to graduate by June 2017 and (3) Recipient is not enrolled in an accredited college by fall 2018.
Contact Scholarship Committee at McCallsbronxwood50th@gmail.com if you have any questions or Jeffrey L. Alston @ (917)238-8195. Acknowledgement letters will only be sent to candidates who are selected to receive a scholarship.